Belarusian Children’s Hospice: 20 years of children's palliative care
The Belarusian Children's Hospice (BCH) is a non-profit charity that provides palliative care for children and young adults (from birth to 24 years), who have a life-threatening or life-limiting illness. It was founded 20 years ago and was the first children's hospice in the whole of the former Soviet Union. The hospice is based near Minsk, the capital of Belarus.
All the hospice's services, medicines and nursing supplies are provided free of charge.
How the Belarusian Children's Hospice works
Provision of palliative care at home to children with life-limiting conditions is the core service provided by BCH. Our teams of doctors, nurses and carers provide pain control, dignity and increased self-esteem for the children, and support and counselling for their families. BCH also has a small in-patient unit consisting of 3 bedrooms where children can receive 24 hour care and a parent can stay with them. End of life care is also available here.
Who are our patients
15 % of the hospice's young patients suffer from cancer and many others suffer from immune deficiency and life-limiting genetic, metabolic, neurological disorders. Every year we care for up to 250 children in Belarus. This represents 10% of the total need in the country.
We build a new children’s hospice
To increase quantity as well as quality of care we are constructing a new children’s hospice building. In 2011 we received the gift of a piece of land in Minsk region from the government. Construction is going ahead at an active pace, you can see the walls of the new building on the pictures. We have already raised almost 60% of the fundraising target and are still looking for the remaining 40%.
How we operate
BCH does not receive any state funding and relies on grants and voluntary contributions. Almost 70% of our income comes from Belarusian business and individuals, the remainder is from international grants and Friends of the Belarusian Children's Hospice (UK ) which helps to fund the hospice's running costs.
Supporting the BCH you will not save someone’s life, but you can give dignity and care to more than 250 terminally ill children each year.
Please contact us:
Belarusian Children’s Hospice
Borovlyany, Minsk region, Beryezovaya Roscha St. 100A Hospice.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel +375175052745 Fax. +375175484840
If you are not in Belarus please contact:
Friends of the Belarusian Children’s Hospice (UK)
Weller House, High Street, Amersham Bucks, HP7 0DP
Tel: +44 (0)1494 432399 Email: email@example.com
• You can donate on-line at www.friends-bch.org.uk
• You can send a donation by cheque to our address (above)
• You can make a single or a regular Standing Order donation to the bank account: Friends of the Belarusian Children’s Hospice (UK)
• NatWest Bank Sort code 60-01-15 Account number 44529414
THESE DONATIONS ARE REGULARLY TRANSFERRED DIRECTLY TO BCH’S ACCOUNT
Real Estate Awards
Heralded as the market benchmark ... more »
Review of Belarus
and its capital Minsk
A shopping centre development boom is sweeping the Belarusian capital ... more »
Lithuania invests in state
of the art logistic parks
The Lithuanian government sees the development ...more »